Saturday, November 5, 2011

The body reading journal 1, 0~30pg

The first pages of the book focus on the introduction of the setting and characters of the story. . The story takes place around 1960 in the town of Castle Rock, Maine. There are 4 main characters Gordie, Charlie, Teddy, and Vernand the story itself is told by Gordie himself. The book goes around each character introducing the background of each character. After some explanation is done, the story sets of as Vern finds out about a body that is yet to be found. The 4 boys plan to find the body.
         Just as the story starts to hold a firm on the ground, a story inside the book is introduced. The story is written by Gordie again and is about a guy named Chico going through similar hardships that Gordie faced. Now this confused me a little bit because even before I could get a hold on the main story another story was thrown at me and it was hard to follow all of them. This new method of writing was very interesting to me and I kind of liked it. Maybe I’ll try this in my writing later on.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you actually didn't mind the "metafiction" after reading it. King takes a risk with that, and many people don't forgive him for it. Maybe it comes too early and maybe it's too long. In the end, like you, I enjoyed it, but had to scratch my head at first.

    This is a bit short, but you have the right idea by not summarizing. I anticipate that you can produce a more dynamic one now that you've read the book and watched the movie. It will help your score and help you prepare for the final.

    Good, but a bit short.

    ReplyDelete